- More Americans than ever before are not working with 92 MILLION people out of the workforce.
- Job-seekers are taught to grovel and beg for a job.
- How to deal with job search pain points.
Let’s face it, looking for a job can really suck. Interviewing CAN be fun but the job search, I don’t think so. So you need to stay positive and not have a bunch of pity-parties. There are several ways to do this during your job search.
- Do at least one fun thing a day, but have a time limit. When I say something fun, I mean something positive. Yes, drinking 6-12 beers may be fun but there is a heavy price to pay for that. Maybe sit outside and drink a cup of coffee or meet a friend for lunch.
- Surround yourself with positive people, online and in person. You may need to block some people’s news feeds for a while.
- Work on some professional development. I find that if I am learning something new I am in a much better mood.
- Laugh. If you look at YouTube videos or The Chive be sure to laugh.
Yes, you need to plan your fun when you are in a job search. Set time aside for yourself but limit it.
I am being positive… I am positive that you are an idiot.